LIBERATE Meditation teaching training
Apply for a BIPOC Scholarship Award
Become a meditation teacher and share calm with the world.
We are creating opportunities for under-represented and underserved communities.
Apply for a chance to receive a scholarship to become a certified Meditation Teacher or Coach.
Our mission is to promote diversity and create opportunities for BIPOC applicants who may not have financial resources to attend our meditation coach training.
Based on your personal eligibility, you may be considered for a scholarship to participate in our next LIBERATE Meditation Coach Training.
Scholarships may lower the cost of your training by up to 60% depending on your eligibility.
Applicants may only apply for a scholarship award once.
Be seen, be heard. Your voice matters.
BIPOC refers to black, indigenous, and people of color who have historically been oppressed.
Be part of a leadership community that creates diversity.
Before You Apply for a Scholarship
Our scholarship program is based on an honor system. Before you apply, please be sure that you qualify to receive a BIPOC Meditation Teacher Scholarship Award.
- You are available to join and participate in the next training that begins on September 13th, 2022.
- You identify as BIPOC (black, indigenous, or a person of color).
- You are unable to afford the full cost of the training and have a strong interest in sharing meditation.
- You are able to commit to a daily meditation practice for the duration of the 6-month training.
- You are able to attend the LIVE zoom sessions held every Tuesday and Thursday at 4 PM EST (2 hours each) for the first 12 weeks of the training.
- You can commit to completing your homework each week and are able to dedicate 8-15 hours a week on your coursework.
- You are able to fully commit to the certification requirements and promise to complete the full 6-month training program (see requirements below).
*If you said yes to ALL of the criteria above, you may submit your application at the bottom of the page.
To be eligible for certification, you must successfully complete the following.
- Attend 80% of all LIVE sessions during the first 12 weeks of the training course.
- Complete and submit homework by the due dates provided each week.
- Complete 8 meditation coaching sessions with 3 pro bono clients. (online or in person)
- Host a minimum of 6 meditation circle sessions or meet-ups. (online or in person)
- Submit two pro bono coaching session recordings by the end of the 6 months.
- Submit a final essay at the end of the training to demonstrate your knowledge.
Hear from our past trainees
Steps to applying for a scholarship:
3) If you are awarded a scholarship, we will send you an invoice for a $297 non-refundable deposit to confirm your seat. If we don’t receive your deposit within 3 days, we may offer your scholarship to another eligible candidate.